Trezlen Drake Awarded a Grant
Congratulations to Trezlen Drake for receiving a grant to attend the Association of College and Research Libraries Conference. We look forward to hearing about the latest developments and innovative ways to teach law students and lawyers.
Upcoming Education Opportunities
- 2017 AALL Management Institute – AALL members are invited to attend this professional development opportunity to heighten their ability to manage with confidence and strategic intent. It will be held March 30 – April 1, 2017 in Chicago. Register by Friday, February 3.
- Association of American Law Schools Annual Meeting – This conference will be held January 3 -7, 2017, in San Francisco. The theme, Why Law Matters, provides a forum for novel thinking and fresh perspectives on the role of law in society and the academy’s role in advancing respect for and understanding of the rule of law.
- 10th Annual Library Technology Conference – This conference provides an opportunity for library professionals to come together to discuss the changing technologies that are affecting how users interact with libraries and to see how libraries are using technology to create new and better ways to manage their resources. It will be held March 15 – 17, 2017 in St. Paul, Minnesota.
Grant Money is Available
CALL is committed to supporting the continuing education needs of its members. There is grant money available to help financially support members to attend professional development programs. Any CALL member that has not received a grant since 2013 is eligible to apply for one. The grant application is available on the CALL website.
Nominations for CALL Award
The committee will soon be asking for nominations for the following CALL awards:
- The Agnes and Harvey Reid Award for Outstanding Contribution to Law Librarianship – presented to a CALL member for outstanding service to the chapter or for contribution to law librarianship
- Outstanding Lifetime Achievement in Law Librarianship Award – presented to a CALL member for outstanding lifetime achievement in law librarianship
- Outstanding In-House Publication Award – presented to an individual or group who created in-house library materials (print or online) that are user and staff oriented, relevant for law libraries, and outstanding in quality