Joe Mitzenmacher, Committee Co-Chair
Konya Lafferty, Committee Co-Chair
Jamie Sommer, Board Liaison
The main charge of the Government Relations Committee is to monitor issues of interest to the law library community and report on those issues to the membership. The goal was to achieve this through working with GRO to promote UELMA authentication in Illinois, work with the Continuing Education Committee, and by updating CALL’s “Finding Illinois Law Guide.”
The GRC met once this year in person:
September 15, 2014 at the Lake & LaSalle Starbucks
All other communications were over the phone and email.
- Promoted PACER issues.
- Training was held for WordPress.
- Promoted webinars concerning UELMA with in the GRC.
- Promoted the Washington E-News to all CALL membership.
- Promoted UELMA issues with persons involved with implementation in Illinois.
- Set in motion the updates to Finding Illinois Law Guide, which should be ready for Board review by the end of the summer.
- Worked with the CALL Board to help create a resolution thanking Kip Kolkmeier for his efforts in getting UELMA passed into law in Illinois.
- Wrote an article for Winter 2015 CALL Bulletin on the passage of Illinois House Bill 3796, which amended the Illinois Freedom of Information Act.