- Carrie Port
- Eugene Giudice – Co-Chair
- Mike McMillan
- Jill Meyer – committee member
The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic precluded any in-person events. The meetings committee, realizing the necessity to keep the librarian community connected, was able to put on a number of virtual events. The events that the committee planned this year were as follows:
Virtual Quarterly Meetings
- September 2020 Business Meeting – 71 attendees
- November 2020 Business Meeting – 60 attendees
- February 2021 Business Meeting – 63 attendees
- May 2021 Business Meeting – 72 attendees
- CALL Trivia Night December 17, 2021– 10 teams with 2 to 5 players
- Book Club – January 28, 2021
- Pritzker Military Museum & Library Virtual Tour March 18, 2021- 19 attendees
Online Happy Hours
- Thursday, June 18, 2020
- Tuesday, July 7, 2020
- Wednesday, July 29, 2020
- Thursday, August 20, 2020
- Thursday, October 22, 2020 (Lunch)
In addition to these events, the Meetings Committee worked on updating its committee charge to reflect the board’s directive to have all committee charges reflect an acknowledgement of the diversity and inclusion needs of the Chicago law librarian community.
The committee encourages the board to appoint newer members and members from diverse communities to the committee because it is the committee’s opinion that working the meetings committee, especially the registration table is an effective way to build one’s network.
With regard to planning for 2021 – 2022 meetings, the committee encourages future Meetings Committees to continue schedule happy hours and other off-meeting opportunities for networking and staying connected between meetings.