Jill Meyer – Co-Chair
Philip Johnson – Co-Chair
Jesse Bowman – Committee member
Mike McMillan – Committee member
Jamie Stewart – Committee member
In-person events were on hold for another year until the June 2022 75th Anniversary Celebration. The Meetings Committee continued to help coordinate our business meetings and assisted with planning and set-up of a few other events listed below.
Quarterly Business Meetings
- September 2021 Business Meeting – 66 attendees. Speaker: Ben Jackson, co-founder and COO of immigrationhelp.org.
- November 2021 Business Meeting – 54 attendees. Speaker: Rhea Ballard-Thrower, Dean and University Librarian, University of Illinois Chicago.
- February 2022 Business Meeting – 75 attendees. Speaker: Monica Eng, reporter for Axios Chicago.
- May 2022 Business Meeting – 67 attendees. Speakers: Devshi Mehrotra, founder and CEO of Justice Text, and Kristen Sonday, co-founder and CEO of Paladin.
- CALL Trivia Night, October 27, 2021 – 24 trivia geniuses on teams of 2 to 5 players.
- Media Club, Legally Blonde, March 3, 2021 – 8 attendees.
With regard to planning for 2022 – 2023 meetings, we look forward to returning to in-person business meetings. We also recommend continuing to schedule happy hours and other off-meeting opportunities for networking, the number of which should be guided by interest level of the board and membership.