- The Placement & Recruitment Committee continued the policy of receiving and posting jobs advertisements as they came through the CALL Web site.
- Job postings were added to the Jobs & Careers link and then also sent to the CALL listserv.
- The Committee posted over 18 new positions this year.
- In addition, an undertaking was done to clean up old postings that needed to be archived.
- We discussed a policy of retaining jobs posted on the site and to follow up with the job posting requester to find out if the position had been filled so the posting could be removed and archived.
- In addition, we stopped posting to library schools, directly, due to Human Resources issues and also the fact that this can now be done with ease by the school themselves.
- A goal for the upcoming year is to better monitor postings to ensure they do not stay posted longer than necessary and to ensure all postings are archived immediately once they are taken down.
Co-Chairs: Gretchen Van Dam and Jessie LeMar
Committee Members: Anita Calderon, Valerie Kropf, Karl Pettitt, and Stacia Stein
The Committee held one in-person meeting and one teleconference meeting during 2016-2017.
This year, the Committee continued work on initiatives started during the previous year. One of the primary responsibilities of the Committee is the posting of new law library positions on both the CALL website and on various local library and law school job boards. To improve the postings, we worked with other committees to update the job posting submission form on the CALL website to include additional school job boards in the posting options.