Committee members included Sarah Andeen and Mandy Lee (co-chairs), Sally Baker, Cary Hall, Sally Holterhoff, Lyonette Louis-Jacques, Jamie Sommer. Continue reading CALL Mentorship and Leadership Development Committee 2019-2020 Annual Report
The Mentorship and Leadership Development Committee (MLDC) has been busy! Here is some of the great work already completed by the Committee:
- MDLC launched a new page on the CALL website under Members Information – this page includes upcoming events, the mentorship form, key contacts and more.
- The Professional Development Encouragement subcommittee (Lyonette Louis-Jacques and Sarah Andeen) is currently compiling and completing a database of CALL member publications (and forthcoming publications). Please send any contributions you can to the subcommittee so CALL can recognize your terrific work! You can find more information at the CALL MLDC website.
- The subcommittee has also been busy organizing the upcoming opportunities for CALL members to take advantage of in the new MDLC calendar.
- Don’t forget to apply for a CALL grant.
- A special thanks to my Committee for all of their hard work!
- Any questions, please reach out to the MDLC Chair, Lindsey Carpino firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gretchen Van Dam
Julie Melvin Continue reading CALL Mentorship and Leadership Development Committee 2017-2018 Annual Report
If there is one constant in life, it is change. We change daily,
starting with daily physiological changes (nails grow, hair grows, cells generate and die off) to personal changes (changes in relationships, changes in where we live) to changes that effect many people (political changes, economic changes). We also change professionally. We call these changes transitions. Dictionary.com defines transition as “movement, passage, or change from one position, state, stage, subject, concept, etc., to another; change.” This definition implies a discrete time of transition. The transition has a beginning, a middle, and an end as we move from an “as is” condition to a “to be” condition. Continue reading Transitions: A Life’s Journey
The 2015-2016 Mentorship and Leadership Development Committee (MLDC) was Jamie Sommer and Clare Willis (co-chairs), Ben Brighoff, Tom Gaylord, and Gretchen Van Dam.