Todd Hillmer and Debbie Ginsberg, Continuing Education Committee Co-chairs
The Continuing Education Committee had a very successful year. We sponsored or co-sponsored 5 successful presentations with another tentatively scheduled for the end of this month. Due to COVID restrictions, all of these were webinars:
- Nailing Your AMPC Proposal (featuring Shari Berkowitz Duff and Lindsey Carpino, September 16, 2020)
- Bystander Intervention Training (featuring Asian Americans Advancing Justice, November 18, 2020)
- How AI-Powered Analytics Can Improve Your Litigation Strategy for Illinois State Court Litigation (featuring Trellis: Legal Intelligence, February 24, 2021)
- How MAALL States Deal with Legislative History (featuring Benjamin Keele and Lee Little, March 4, 2021)
- Scams, Schemes and Cyber Security (featuring David Williams, May 26, 2021)
- Presentation on Chicago Commission on Human Relations (featuring Ken Gunn, scheduled for June 29, 2021)
The committee tried to identify topics that would interest private law firm librarians, academic, and government librarians. All of the programs were driven by our fabulous volunteer committee members. A special shoutout goes to Mandy Lee who recommended many of these speakers.
Most of these programs were recorded and available on the CALL website. The committee used Zoom to create webinar invites, host the programs, and record the programs. Zoom’s conference suite works very well for CALL’s current needs, but if the committee plans to host larger-scale programs in the future, we may need to upgrade to Zoom’s webinar system.
The committee has stayed within budget. We did not need to pay any speaking fees this year.
We would like to thank the committee members including Shari Berkowitz Duff, Joe Mitzenmacher, and Sara Baseggio, for their commitment and hard work helping us put together excellent education programs this year, as well as our Board liaison Tom Keefe for his helpful input.