The 2016-2017 Grants and Chapter Awards Committee was charged with selecting grant recipients based on established criteria for CALL members to attend professional meetings as well as selecting recipients of the chapter awards.
The Committee started the year by reviewing the CALL Grants Application for any ambiguity and modified the language in order to ensure the requirements were clear.
The committee members identified educational opportunities from other associations or local offerings that our members might be interested in. A monthly announcement on the CALL listserv promoted these educational programs and reminded the members that grant monies were available to help provide financial support to attend these programs.
The Committee met a few times during the year to consider grant applications that were submitted and award grant monies based on the criteria listed on the CALL website.
CALL was fortunate to award grants to the following CALL members:
- Jamie Sommer to attend Women’s Leadership Institute
- Trezlen Drake to attend ACRL
- Lisa Winkler to attend ACRL
- Shari Berkowitz to attend AALL
- Philip Johnson to attend AALL
In March 2017, the Committee started seeking nominations for the chapter awards. The committee reviewed all of the nominations and selected the following winners based on the criteria listed on the CALL website:
- The Agnes and Harvey Reid Award for Outstanding Contribution to Law Librarianship – Robert Martin
- The Award for Outstanding In-House Publication – Sean Rebstock for his “Artificial Intelligence at Foley” video
The Committee comprised of chair Julie Pabarja and members Sheri Lewis, Lyonette Louis-Jacques, Patricia Sayre McCoy, Megan Butman, Beth Schubert, and Clanitra Stewart Nedjl.