The 2015-2016 Government Relations Committee was Clare Hoyt and Joe Mitzenmacher (co-chairs), Justin Franklin, Tom Gaylord, Sally Holterhoff, and Matt Timko.
The Committee’s projects for 2015-16 were to update CALL’s “Finding Illinois Law Guide” and to look at options for publishing the Guide in a more dynamic format, to contribute a regular CALL Bulletin column updating CALL members on state and federal legislative items of interest (replacing the Government Relations Blog), and to update the AALL Illinois microsite, which was last updated in March 2013.
- Updates to the AALL Illinois microsite were completed.
- Promoted information of interest from the AALL Government Relations Office to the general CALL membership.
- Wrote an article for the Spring 2016 CALL Bulletin on the AALL Government Relations Office’s legislative advocacy efforts, highlighting the specific bills which the GRO is tracking.
- Wrote an article for the Winter 2016 CALL Bulletin summarizing the IFLA 2015 meeting in Cape Town, South Africa as part of the “Chicago International” theme.
- Wrote an article for the Winter 2016 CALL Bulletin on Advocacy Tools from AALL and ALA.
- Worked with the CALL Board and Emily Feltren of the AALL Government Relations Office to create a resolution presenting U.S. Rep. Mike Quigley with the CALL Legislator of the Year Award for his work on issues related to government transparency, privacy, and public access to government information.