Submitted July 8, 2014
- Joe Mitzenmacher, committee co-chair (email@example.com)
- Konya Lafferty, committee co-chair (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Pam Zadenetz (email@example.com)
- Todd Ito (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Tom Gaylord (email@example.com)
- Jamie Sommer, Board Liason (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Emily Janoski-Haehlen (Emily.email@example.com)
- Michael Verderame (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Walter Baumann (WBAUMANN@depaul.edu)
Promoting UELMA in Illinois was the main project for the year. Education on UELMA for committee members was accomplished through a handout shared at the September 19 meeting and through the e-bulletins and webcasts of Emily and Elizabeth of the AALL Government Relations Office. Education on UELMA for the community at large was accomplished through the GRC blog.
The GRC met twice this year in person:
- September 19, 2013 at the Chicago-Kent Law School
- March 12, 2014 at the Lake & LaSalle Starbucks
The committee also held various phone meetings with student member Michael Verderame, who was being mentored this year by GRC committee members. Each member was assigned a month to mentor Michael and the arrangements of phone meetings and emails were at the discretion of the mentor and mentee.
- UELMA (SB1941) passed the Illinois General Assembly and is awaiting Quinn’s signature.
- Training was held for WordPress
- Two government relations articles to the CALL
- Several committee members contributed blog
- Mentored student committee member Michael
- Made the decision to commit to semi-regular update schedule of Finding Illinois Law Guide.